- Thermoplastic Polyurethane
Desmopan®: Flexible, durable, versatile – and now EC!
Our thermoplastic polyurethane Desmopan® offers high wear resistance, flexibility across a wide range of temperatures, and high elasticity over the entire hardness range. It also possesses excellent resistance to oils, greases and solvents as well as good resistance to weathering and high-energy radiation. In addition the Desmopan® EC range also offers a reduced carbon footprint without compromising on quality or performance.
A thermoplastic polyurethane is characterized by a wide range of properties. Desmopan® has linear polymeric chains that consist of alternating flexible and rigid segments. The elastic segments have a low glass transition temperature while the crystalline segments exhibit a high melting point. The modification of these phases makes it possible to vary properties such as hardness, strength, rigidity, elasticity and cold flexibility. The material is also intrinsically soft, eliminating the need for plasticizers.
In addition, our Desmopan® EC range offers exciting new possibilities for increased sustainability. Up to 60 percent of the carbon content* of the Desmopan® EC series is sourced from biomass, depending on product hardness. In comparison to fossil-based TPUs, the carbon footprint can be reduced by more than 20 percent. As well as offering the same quality and high performance product features as other Desmopan® products, Desmopan® EC also has excellent oil, grease and solvent resiliency, as well as resistance to weathering and high-energy radiation.
*Bio-based content as determined according to ASTM-D6866
- Desmopan 192
- injection molding grade; with high mechanical strength for articles subject to wear; hydrolysis-stabilised; Application; Shift lever balls; Roller tires; Coupling elements; Shoe heels
- Desmopan 385 E
- Extrusion- and injection molding grade; high mechanical strength; Application; Films; Hoses, non-reinforced; Screenpacks; Technical parts; hard - soft systems
- Desmopan 795 U
- injection molding grade; with special UV stabilizers; good hydrolysis and microbial resistance; Application; Ear-tags
- Desmopan EC 33060DU DPS300
- injection molding grade; Partially based on renewable raw materials; with special UV stabilizers; hydrolysis-stabilised
- Desmopan EC 33085AU DPS300
- Partially based on renewable raw materials; with special UV stabilizers; Extrusion- and injection molding grade; good low-temperature flexibility
- Desmopan EC 33095AU DPS300
- Partially based on renewable raw materials; with special UV stabilizers; hydrolysis-stabilised; injection molding grade; Sports shoe soles
- Durable: High wear resistance and resistant to oils and some solvents.
- Flexible: Functions across a high range of temperatures.
- Versatile: Variable properties such as hardness, strength, rigidity, elasticity and cold flexibility.
- Intrinsically soft: No plasticizer required.
- Reduced carbon footprint: Desmopan® EC can enable a reduction in the carbon footprint of up to 20%.