- Coatings, paints & inks
Desmophen®: Versatile polyols for wide array of PU coatings, adhesives and foams
The family of Desmophen® products from Covestro contains polyether polyols and polyester polyols as polyurethane building blocks for foams, coatings, adhesives and many other applications. These variable building blocks make it possible to create an endless array of polyurethanes with wide-ranging properties.
Desmophen® products are a versatile family of polyether polyols, which includes diols, triols and polymer polyols with molecular weights that vary from less than 300 to as much as 6,000 g/mol. They are used as polyol components for polyurethane and polyurea formulations. When reacted with Desmodur® products from Covestro, polyurethane products for many different applications may be obtained, such as flexible polyurethane foam, rigid polyurethane foam, compact polyurethane products, coatings and adhesives. Polyurethanes based on Desmophen® polyols, particularly when reacted with Desmodur® crosslinkers, are also fast-drying, durable and elastic, with an excellent resistance to chemicals, weathering and UV radiation. Get in touch with us to develop a unique formulation for your specific needs.
- Desmophen® 1159 S - for flexible slabstock foams
- An inactive trifunctional polyether modified with a styrene-acrylonitrile (SAN) polymer. It is specifically designed for the production of conventional flexible slabstock foams with enhanced loadbearing properties, using CO2-technologies due to its appropiate particle size distribution. It exhibits a broad processing range and allows the use of most commercially available silicone surfactants and tertiary amine catalysts. Hydroxyl Number ca. 43 mg KOH/g
- Versatile: Suitable for nearly every PU application.
- High quality: Consistent quality, with high purity and low volatile content.
- Durable: Excellent resistance to chemicals, weathering and UV radiation.