Concept dashboard showcases how material technologies enable design freedom
Future automotive interior trim parts: material properties are the key to design freedom
INSQIN® technology delivers a soft touch surface with the look and feel of natural leather at a lower cost, but without odor. It also opens up new design possibilities with a range of colors and dynamic transparent and translucent effects. And it does all this while reducing the overall carbon footprint of synthetic material by up to 45%.
Uedelhoven dashboard demonstrator: future trim design uses Covestro technologies
Dispercoll® U 66 hits a sweet spot for automotive trim producers, combining a translucent, water-based adhesive raw material with strong bonding that can withstand extremely hot and humid climates, ensuring a longer useful life for laminated trim parts.
INSQIN® waterborne PU coatings unite color and backlighting effects with leather-like haptics
Dispercoll® U 66 adhesive raw material delivers strongly bonded translucent trim parts in all climates.
DirectCoating: high processing flexibility with excellent coverage on complex surfaces
As a recognized global leader in design and engineering services, we strive to take future-driven, holistic approaches that meet tomorrow's realities. This concept dashboard impressively illustrates how material technologies enable design freedom.
- Design freedom: Create surfaces of any color or transparency, in soft or polished textures.
- Premium: Trims and moldings rival the feel of natural leather, with higher durability.
- Backlit: Backlighting and translucency enable dynamic and ambient lighting effects.
- Climate-safe: Dispercoll® U 66 adhesive bond resists abrasion, hydrolysis, UV radiation.
- Easier processing: Low activation temperatures and RIM technology reduce processing time and cost.