Stop spraying and apply your coatings and adhesives digitally
Manually applied coatings and adhesives: major opportunity for 2D printing
Digital printing of adhesives: Precise, automated glue application enabled by Desmomelt® U
Digital printing of coatings: Avoid overspray, masking and production complexity
Covestro provides high-performance polyurethane (PU) based raw materials for coatings, including Desmodur® crosslinkers. Our digital printing know-how enables Covestro customers to formulate high-performance coatings that can be used in precise, digital, maskless and overspray-free applications. This offers increased opportunities for quality control, while matching the trusted properties of conventional polyurethane coatings.
Footwear: Increased production efficiency through automation enabled by Desmomelt® U
2D printed hot melt adhesives enable high precision in electronics assembly
Digital printing for automotive coatings: Covestro expertise paves the way
Today, automotive coatings are applied by spraying, resulting in overspray, high energy costs and often the need for masking. Desmodur® based material solutions from Covestro enable automotive OEMs and coating suppliers to apply polyurethane coatings with precision using digital printing, while keeping the quality of standard spray application.
“Our PU raw materials combined with our expertise in 2D digital printing make us a trusted partner for forward-thinking companies who adopt 2D printing technology for their coating and adhesive solutions. demo test” dsfsdfsd
- Cost-efficient: test application automates, reduces production steps and minimizes overspray.
- Precise: Adhesives and coatings can be applied exactly, without overspray or masking.
- Automated: Automated, precise digital glue application reduces manual processes.
- High-performance: The trusted performance of polyurethane is possible for digital applications.
- Individualization: Digital application means products can be individualized cost-effectively.
- Design freedom: Complex CAD-based 3D geometries can be applied precisely.
- Enabling partner: Covestro offers deep expertise in raw materials and digital processing.
- Easier recycling: Desmomelt® U adhesives can be calibrated for easier end-of-life disassembly.
- Less waste: Rejects and waste due to overspray or adhesive failure can be minimized.