2D printed hot melt adhesives enable increased automation in footwear production
Footwear producers face dilemma of how to simplify complex shoe production processes
Automated 2D digital application of footwear adhesives using Desmomelt® U
By adding 2D digital printing to the range of glue applicators available for footwear, Covestro can help reduce the amount of manual steps in shoe production. Our Desmomelt® U non-yellowing aliphatic raw materials combines the high molecular weight and high performance of waterborne adhesives with the easy processing of a PU hot melt. This innovative adhesive raw material offers adjustable open times for increased processing flexibility. When used as thermoplastic material, it can contribute to more sustainability by making the end-of-life disassembly of shoes and sneakers easier. The automation of adhesive application can significantly reduce the number of processing steps in footwear production.
Covestro: your trusted partner for polyurethane adhesive raw materials
“Our non-yellowing Desmomelt® U aliphatic raw materials for hot melt adhesives enable footwear manufacturers to apply glue digitally with high precision. Automating adhesive application reduces the number of processing steps and avoids inefficient over-cementing. We can supply adhesive raw material powders - to ideally suit your footwear production.”
- Automation and easier production: Automated adhesive application means fewer processing steps are required.
- Digital precision: Footwear adhesives can now be printed exactly where they are needed.
- Trusted performance: Desmomelt® U offers the high performance of PU adhesives
- Supply to suit you: Deliverable as powder which can be processed into foil or filament form.
- Design freedom: Digital printing means even complex shoe forms can be glued with precision.