2D printed hot melt adhesives enable increased automation in footwear production
Footwear producers face a dilemma of how to simplify complex shoe production processes
Automated 2D digital application of footwear adhesives using Desmomelt® U
By adding 2D digital printing to the range of glue applicators available for footwear, Covestro can help reduce the amount of manual steps in shoe production. Our Desmomelt® U non-yellowing aliphatic raw materials combines the high molecular weight and high performance of waterborne adhesives with the easy processing of a PU hot melt. This innovative adhesive raw material offers adjustable open times for increased processing flexibility. When used as thermoplastic material, it can contribute to more sustainability by making the end-of-life disassembly of shoes and sneakers easier. The automation of adhesive application can significantly reduce the number of processing steps in footwear production.
Covestro: your trusted partner for polyurethane adhesive raw materials
“Our non-yellowing Desmomelt® U aliphatic raw materials for hot melt adhesives enable footwear manufacturers to apply glue digitally with high precision. Automating adhesive application reduces the number of processing steps and avoids inefficient over-cementing. We can supply adhesive raw material powders - to ideally suit your footwear production.”
- Automation and easier production: Automated adhesive application means fewer processing steps are required.
- Digital precision: Footwear adhesives can now be printed exactly where they are needed.
- Trusted performance: Desmomelt® U offers the high performance of PU adhesives
- Supply to suit you: Deliverable as powder which can be processed into foil or filament form.
- Design freedom: Digital printing means even complex shoe forms can be glued with precision.