Polycarbonate solutions support recyclability of electric vehicle battery packaging
Circular battery package with more sustainable polycarbonate
“Covestro is focused on efficient battery packaging solutions, relying on our material knowhow and portfolio of circular solutions. We envision a future where battery’s design delivers maximum value and facilitates the recycling by allowing disassembly and providing information for its second life.”
More sustainable solutions enable improved designs
“The battery cover design made with Makrolon® RE can be easily disassembled and provide all the required information for battery second life and recycling. Makrolon® RE requires less fossil raw materials and has a lower carbon footprint compared to the incumbent material while offering the identical dimensional stability, high impact properties and flame retardancy.”
- Flame retardancy Flame retardant compliant polycarbonates offer a proven track record of performance and unmatched versatility as one of the chosen materials in packaging lithium-ion cells for electric vehicles.
- Tolerances and long range Covestro materials maintain tight tolerances, which help scale production, reduce cycle times and lower costs hence increasing electric vehicles range.
- Lowering fossil consumption Lower fossil consumption starts at built-phase as renewable materials have been introduced into the value chain.
- Covestro Solutions: CQ Family Makrolon® RE and Bayblend® RE are part of CQ family of circular intelligent solutions from Covestro.
- Battery Passport Easy integration into a variety of battery passport’s technologies.