The new leather is synthetic leather: durable, recyclable Desmopan® TPU
Natural leather is a popular material, but the demand for alternatives is growing
Desmopan® TPU offers an attractive synthetic alternative to natural leather
Versatile, recyclable and hard to tell the difference: TPU has the edge on natural leather
Multi-layered extruded TPU leather is an excellent alternative to natural leather, and is welcomed by consumers who are growing more conscious of the severe environmental implications of the animal-based leather manufacturing processes.
- Non-animal: Desmopan® TPU synthetic leather is vegan-suitable with no animal raw materials.
- Haptics of leather: TPU leather offers a touch and feel that is hard to distinguish from natural leather.
- Recyclable: At the end of its use phase, PU-based leather can be mechanically recycled.
- Tough and durable: Flexible thermoplastic polyurethane is resistant to oil, grease and abrasion.
- Design freedom: Synthetic TPU leather offers an unlimited choice of colors and surface grains.