Uralac® polyesters: Unlocking the power of powder coatings
At Covestro, our Uralac® polyester powder-coating resins are based on a unique binder chemistry that includes tough urethane for lasting performance. Powder coating already has many advantages – and hydroxyl-functional resins and HSS polyesters are particularly good at unlocking these advantages.
In particular, polyurethane-based powder coatings offer superior resistance to chemicals, marks, and UV light compared with non-polyurethane technologies. These kinds of coatings also allow for high crosslinking densities.
All this means that our Uralac® polyester resins can enable powder coatings with high surface hardness, good flexibility and leveling, superior durability, and even anti-graffiti properties.
Get to know our Uralac® polyesters portfolio
The powder of possibilities
Thanks to its unsaturated technology and fast, low-temperature curing, Uralac® Ultra lets you quickly create powder coatings with excellent appearances and lasting performance – at a competitive cost per square meter. It can be applied in a single layer in just three minutes, and cured at only 120-130°C.
Discover the benefits of Uralac® polyesters
- Design freedom Multiple textures, gloss levels, and colors possible, including on complex shapes
- Durable Excellent resistance to chemicals, impact, UV radiation, and weather
- Economical Several Uralac® resins offer 1-step or low-temperature curing, saving energy and costs
- Design freedom Choose from multiple textures, gloss levels, and colors – all with a strong, seamless finish
- Durable Coatings based on Uralac® UV meet key industry standards for durability.
- Economical Uralac® Ultra's automated, 1-step, low-temperature curing process saves time, labor, and energy.