Uralac® Ultra: The powder of possibilities.
Uralac® Ultra is an innovative powder-coating solution from Covestro. Thanks to its radical chemistry and fast, low-temperature curing, it lets you create powder coatings on heat-sensitive substrates with excellent appearances and lasting performance – at a competitive cost per square meter.
Based on an unsaturated polyester, our peroxide-curing Uralac® Ultra technology can be applied in a single layer in only three minutes, and cured at just 120-130°C rather than the typical 160-170°C.
This lower curing temperature makes Uralac® Ultra well suited to coating applications on heat-sensitive substrates, such as MDF, engineered wood, and even solid wood.
Plus, it also reduces the environmental impact of these coatings – Uralac® Ultra has a carbon footprint five times lower than traditional liquid coating systems. Uralac® Ultra based powder coatings has extremely low Voc’s in comparison with solvent/water based coatings which makes it both safer and more sustainable.
Thanks to its fast curing process, Uralac® Ultra can significantly reduce your overall coating process time, from days to only 30 minutes. And, because it’s possible to apply Uralac® Ultra in a single layer, it’s also easier to coat complex shapes, increasing the design possibilities available.
The resulting high-quality finishes are available in multiple textures, gloss levels, and colors, including clear and extra-smooth coatings. These finishes are very durable, with great resistance to UV light, humidity, scratches, stains, and chemicals.
- Design freedom Multiple textures, gloss levels, and colors possible, including on complex shapes
- Durable Excellent resistance to chemicals and stains, impact, UV radiation, and weather
- Economical Automated, 1-step, low-temperature curing process saves time, labor, and energy
- More sustainable Cures at lower temperatures and formulated without solvents
- Waste-reducing With electrostatic spraying and reclaiming of powder, almost no waste is generated