2D printed hot melt adhesives enable high precision in electronics assembly
Electronic device makers are under pressure to optimize production
Automated 2D digital application of adhesives using Desmomelt®U in electronic assembly
“Desmomelt® U adhesive raw materials from Covestro give electronics producers a high-performance product that can be applied precisely in a digital process while keeping end-of-life disassembly in mind. We are happy to share our raw material know-how and expertise in putting 2D printing technology to work.”
- Complex geometries: Digital printing based on Desmomelt U enables complex CAD-based gluing paths.
- Precise application: Desmomelt® U based hot melts can be digitally printed exactly where needed.
- Easier recycling: Thermoplastic raw materials allow a temperature triggered disassembly of parts.
- Trusted performance: Desmomelt® U adhesive materials offer the trusted properties of PU adhesives.
- Leaner production: Automating the adhesive application reduces the processing steps required.