Vulkollan®: The ultimate elastomer
Vulkollan®, made from Desmodur® 15 (NDI), is one of the most powerful elastomers in the market, combining highest mechanical load-bearing characteristics with highest dynamic load-bearing capacity. Therefore, the ultra-high-performance elastomer Vulkollan® is preferably used for superior tasks in many technical fields.
Solid Vulkollan® is produced through chemical reactions between Vulkollan® polyols, Desmodur® 15 and glycols. It covers a hardness range from approx. 65 Shore A up to 60 Shore D and can only be manufactured by licensed processors. They produce wheels and castors to deal with highest dynamic loads, technical and semi-finished parts.
Cellular Vulkollan® is produced from Vulkollan® polyols, Desmodur® 15 and water. It covers a density range from approx. 300 up to 850 kg/m3 and combines high volume compressibility with minimal transverse expansion. Cellular Vulkollan® is used for the manufacture of superior damping elements, such as bumpers, springs and NVH (noise, vibration, harshness) elements.
Solid and cellular NDI-based cast polyurethane elastomers can also be manufactured from our stable NDI-prepolymers, a great solution especially for small- to mid-scale production.
- Mechanically excellent: High tensile strength and tear resistance, low compression set and abrasion loss.
- Dynamically excellent: Low energy loss and heat build-up, high rebound resilience.
- Microcellular unique: Combines high volume compressibility with minimal transverse expansion.
- Heat-resistant: Continuous operating range up to 80 °C, for short periods up to 120 °C.
- Media-resistant: Good resistance to UV radiation, ozone, greases, and oils.