Automotive exterior: Durable, sustainable materials with greater design freedom
- Versatile toughness via blends of PC+ABS; PC+ASA; ABS+PC and PC+SAN
- Polyurethane elastic systems with high impact resistance and flexibility
- Versatile PU dispersions for eco-friendlier, low VOC coatings and adhesives
- Polyisocyanates for a wide range of PU foams, coatings and adhesives
- Polyurethane film made from aromatic and aliphatic polyester or polyether
- Smart combinations of polycarbonate and polyester in ultra-tough materials
- Thermoplastic polycarbonate films
- High-performance polycarbonate for applications in diverse industries.
- Ultra-durable: Stable and resistant to corrosion, UV, weather and chemicals.
- Strong: Provide high hardness, mechanical strength, and elasticity.
- Sustainable: Our waterborne PU systems offer eco-friendly solutions with low VOC.
- Good looking: Great optical properties with high gloss or wet look finishes.
- Lightweight: Reduce the weight of vehicle components by up to 50 percent.
As automakers seek improved fuel efficiency, polycarbonate’s highly formable, lightweight properties enable sleek curves and modern designs while reducing the weight of vehicle components by up to 50 percent. These enormous savings helps curb fuel consumption and hazardous CO2 emissions without compromising on passenger safety or style. From spoilers to bezels to roof solutions, our polycarbonates and PC blends support the drive for innovation in automotive exterior applications. Our polyurethane crosslinkers set industry standards for quality, strength, efficiency and value conservation as well as industrial hygiene for 2K polyurethane coatings, while their great optical properties convince design-conscious consumers. Moreover, as with the first bio-based Desmodur® eco crosslinker we made 2K polyurethane coatings even more sustainable. And our PU dispersions offer an environmentally friendly toolbox for waterborne exterior and interior coating systems.
To further customize vehicle coatings, Desmodur® based formulations can be tailored to 2D digital printing, enabling the digital application of coatings with no overspray or masking, and no compromise in weather resistance, gloss or transparency.
Glazing applications: Less weight freedom - security
We offer comprehensive product and consultation services for automotive glazing applications, from durable window encapsulation with our Bayflex® RIM system to polycarbonate for panoramic roof panels, roof bezels, backlights, and side windows. Makrolon®, in particular, possesses glass-like optical properties and a high impact resistance – but weighs over 50 percent less than common glass equivalents. Our lightweight thermoplastics help achieve better fuel economy and open up new design options not possible with glass or steel, such as complex shapes and contours.
Our Dureflex® A4700 thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) film then makes car windows even bulletproof. This TPU film has good optical properties and excellent adhesion to glass, PC and PMMA sheets, making it a versatile interlayer to use between the various materials that make up bullet-resistant glass. It imparts toughness to the laminate, increasing the impact resistance due to the excellent puncture strength and elongational properties of the film.