Solar panels: Elastomers and solar coatings solutions ensure reliable production and long service life
- Polyisocyanates for a wide range of PU foams, coatings and adhesives
- Ultra-tough: High resistance to abrasion and environmental conditions.
- Cost effective: Desmodur® offers a long service life with low maintenance costs.
- Short cycle times: Improved material characteristics result in faster production processes.
- Ease of use: Our materials make elastomer-coated rollers simple to produce.
- Long service life: Not having to replace parts often means lower maintenance costs.
Our Anti-Reflective Coatings for solar glass and Retrofit Coating Service for solar parks boost solar performance worldwide
We expect solar energy to become the standard in energy, and have a bright future. At Covestro we are determined to play a key role in realizing this future through in-depth research and applied technology development to create new Anti-Reflective Coatings and Retrofit Coating Service that continue to extend the product life cycle of solar panels.
Our elastomers ensure reliable production and long operational life
Power Producers need to ensure safe and reliable production of their solar assets. To achieve this, they rely on our high-performance Desmodur® elastomer coating materials which play a key role in the manufacturing of solar panels. The cutting of silicon wafers for solar panel cells is performed with steel or diamond wires guided through pulleys or rollers made with Desmodur® elastomers. These rollers are then robust enough to resist cutting by the wire saw. It also has high tear-resistance and hydrolysis-resistance that translates to a long product lifecycle with low maintenance costs.