ID Documents: Enabling secure identification with durable PC and TPU films
Card manufacturers seek to provide solutions that are secure enough to prevent forgery whilst also being durable enough to withstand high usage. We partner with them to provide suitable material solutions to produce reliable, durable security and anti-counterfeit documents - tailored for their specific security needs.
- Ultra-durable: Excellent bending- and tear-resistance
- Efficiency: Reduction of thickness to an absolute minimum, reduced material consumption and increased cost savings
- Customizable: Tailored security solutions according to your specific requirements
- Forgery-proof: High laser-reactivity, high protection of chips and antennas
- Easy to process: Compatible with standard processes for printing, easy to laminate, and suitable for a wide range of operating temperatures
Our Makrofol® ID polycarbonate films enable the incorporation of a wide range of security features in ID documents. High contrast laser-engraving can be combined with differentiated security features and integrated chips. Several layers are inseparably bonded to offer unsurpassed protection. Our Makrofol® ID and Platilon® ID films are used in synergy to construct robust, highly secure passport data pages and hinges. Platilon® ID thermoplastic polyurethane films achieve excellent bonding with polycarbonate films and result in highly durable security documents, with melting behavior and flexibility that is highly suited to protecting integrated chips and antennas. Bayfol® HX allows for the incorporation of holograms in labels and identity documents as an anti-counterfeiting measure.
Peace of mind: High-quality holographic films that help prevent counterfeiting
Our Bayfol® HX photopolymer film enables the incorporation of anti-counterfeiting holographic features into security items such as brand protection labels and security documents. This makes these items extremely hard to fake. The multilayered laser recording film is ideal for industrial roll-to-roll processing. Compared to standard technologies, our product is customizable and can be easily integrated into polycarbonate cards using standard processes. In addition, we provide comprehensive application development support to our customers to help achieve the best possible results.