Eyewear: Polycarbonates for optical applications
We offer Makrolon® polycarbonate grades formulated specifically for the optical/ophthalmic market. Our lens-quality grades of Makrolon® polycarbonate resin have excellent optical properties. They also feature high mechanical strength and toughness and are extremely robust.
- High-performance polycarbonate for applications in diverse industries.
- Robust: Provides high mechanical strength and toughness.
- Specialized: Includes polycarbonate grades especially for the optical/ophthalmic market.
- Excellent transmission: Glass-like transparency and good color perception, even in tinted welding grade.
- Protective: Guards against ultraviolet and infrared radiation.
- Lightweight: Comfortable to wear.
Lens-grade Makrolon® provides ultraviolet protection and a transmission rate of > 89 percent measured at 1 mm wall thickness with a higher level of purity. In addition to these benefits, Makrolon® polycarbonate is inherently light weight, which leads to greater comfort for the wearer. No matter whether applied in corrective lenses, glasses, sunglasses or sports eyewear, Makrolon® polycarbonate’s unique combination of properties ensures a high-quality solution.