New ultra-durable polycarbonate for healthcare and life sciences
Both healthcare and life sciences applications—ranging from drug delivery and wearable devices, to single-use containers for biopharmaceutical manufacturing—all have one thing in common. They must be tough and durable—able to withstand everyday use while maintaining their structural integrity.
The material’s unique combination of properties are engineered to meet rigorous standards over a wide temperature range. Makrolon® 3638 polycarbonate can enable circular business models by supporting closed- and open-loop recycling. It can also contribute to a lower carbon footprint with the possibility for attributed bio-circular content.
Makrolon® 3638 polycarbonate maintains properties over a wide temperature rangeMakrolon® 3638 polycarbonate is durable from cryogenic to steam sterilization conditions. The material demonstrates high impact strength and ductility, even at very low temperatures.
Makrolon® 3638 polycarbonate offers best-in-class chemical resistance to everyday chemicalsMakrolon® 3638 polycarbonate is transparent while offering increased chemical resistance to everyday chemicals like skin lotions, hand creams, household cleaners and disinfectants.
- Durability: ultra-durable from cryogenic to steam sterilization conditions with high impact strength and ductility
- Chemical resistance: best-in-class resistance to everyday chemicals
- Biocompatabile: medical-grade material meeting several biocompatibility criteria outlined in ISO 10993-1 and USP Class VI for contact of 30 days or less
- Food contact compliant: suitable for some food contact applications
- Sterilizable: supports sterilization methods most prevalent in the healthcare industry
- Design freedom: for applications that are tough and transparent, yet attractive
- Processability: consistent and efficient processing for both injection and blow molding processes