Single-use torque instruments depend on Makrolon®
Reusable orthopedic torque handles for trauma, reconstruction and other procedures have long been made almost entirely from stainless-steel. Caltorque Medical Products sought to provide similar performance at lower cost-per-use by using Makrolon® in its new single-use TorqueSafe™ handles.
After consulting with us, CMP chose Makrolon® for the handles of its TorqueSafe™ instruments. The company went with this tough, biocompatible material due to its ability to endure the high levels of stress placed on medical equipment of this type during trauma, reconstruction, small bone, cranio-maxillofacial fixation, spine and extremity procedures. The fact that medical-grade Makrolon® is sterilization-friendly is also key considerations.
Why Makrolon® was the right solution for TorqueSafe™ handles
- Extremely strong: Material can handle high physical load and is impact resistant.
- Sterilizable: Not damaged or altered by sterilization procedures.
- Ease of use: Flows as easily and releases from the mold with no difficulty.
- Dimensionally stable: Retains its original shape when exposed to heat or humidity.
- Biocompatible: Has no negative impact on bone or tissue.