Light-optimized Makrolon® supports first ever thermal wearable
We turned to Covestro to help select the right material and optimize the design for optical performance.
Instead of using text or symbols, color and light are simple, minimalist – yet effective – means to convey information to the user. Covestro has deep expertise in helping brand and electronics manufacturers design with light.
Why Makrolon® was the right solution for Embr Labs
- Optical performance: High level of light transmission.
- Strong & robust: Excellent mechanical properties and resistance to impacts.
- UV-stabilized: Proven performance for applications in the electronics, IT and telecommunications industry.
- Heat-resistant: High thermal stability and flame-retardant properties.
- Low viscosity: Good flowability for efficient injection molding.