- Thermoplastic Polyurethane
Texin® for everything between rubber and plastics
Texin® thermoplastic polyurethanes bridge the gap between rubber and plastics. These materials are available in grades that go from very soft and flexible to very rigid. Many grades of Texin® TPU comply with FDA food-contact regulations and several meet the biocompatibility requirements of FDA-modified ISO 10993-1 tests.
Our Texin® TPU resins offer designers a versatile material for a broad range of applications. Typical uses include automotive instrument panels, caster wheels, power tools, sporting goods, medical devices, and a variety of extruded film, sheet and profile applications. Texin® is able to meet this wide variety of needs because it is an extremely tough, high tensile material with good tear strength and excellent resistance to abrasion, fuels, oils and greases. Elastic and resilient, it also offers great cold temperature flexibility, flex fatigue properties, excellent adhesion to various substrates and a Shore hardness range from 60 A to 85 D. In combination with Desmopan®, Texin® resins readily bond to a variety of substrates to provide a soft-touch feel.
- Versatile: Choose grades that range from very soft and flexible to rigid and tough.
- Approved: Certain Texin® grades comply with FDA food-contact regulations while others are biocompatible to FDA-modified ISO 10993-1 standards.
- Superior toughness: Enjoy excellent resistance to abrasion, fuels, oils and greases.
- High-performance: Has high tensile and tear strength as well as high elasticity and resilience.