Agriculture, construction and earthmoving equipment: Heavy duty equipment coatings
Our PUR coatings are the premium topcoat solution in the Agriculture, Construction and Earthmoving (ACE) market. They provide long-lasting, extremely durable performance along with great aesthetics, sustainability and an attractive price performance ratio. In addition, our innovative Pasquick coating technology improves productivity by reducing the number of layers required.
- Versatile PU dispersions for eco-friendlier, low VOC coatings and adhesives
- Polyisocyanate crosslinkers that enhance waterborne PU coatings
- Polyisocyanates for a wide range of PU foams, coatings and adhesives
- A wide range of polyols for high-performance polyurethane applications
- Ultra-durable: Resistant to impact, corrosion, scratching, UV and chemicals.
- Fast drying: Dries rapidly at room temperature as well as elevated temperatures.
- Long lasting: Good gloss and color retention.
- High performance: Provide excellent adhesion, hardness, flexibility and chip resistance.
- Sustainable: Meets regulations due to water-base and low volatile organic compounds content.
Large vehicles of all types take a beating and construction trucks and other ACE heavy duty equipment are no exception. The fact that this machinery is continuously exposed to extremely harsh environments necessitates high-performance coatings that provide excellent adhesion, hardness, flexibility, chip resistance and superior corrosion protection. We deliver proven resins and hardeners used in primers, topcoats and clearcoats for large heavy-duty vehicles and ACE equipment. Our polyurethane coating raw materials – Desmodur® polyisocyanates and Desmophen® polyether polyols for solventborne polyurethanes, and Bayhydur® polyisocyanates and Bayhydrol® (A and U) dispersions product ranges – help protect vehicles of all kinds. The fact that these materials are water-based means that they are more sustainable too and offer high compliance with regulations related to volatile organic compounds (VOC).
Enabling one- and two-layer vehicle coating systems
Heavy-duty vehicle OEM coatings are typically two-layer systems but, in some applications, there’s a growing trend toward single-layer-coatings (direct-to-metal or DTM), primarily because of time considerations. These coatings, based on polyurethane (PU), combine the corrosion-protection properties of a classic primer with the surface properties of a classic topcoat.