Desmopan® TPU for low-VOC automotive interior components
Modern automotive interiors demand high-performance hard and soft surfaces
Injection molded components with low-VOC emissions: Desmopan® 6-series grades
High performance and low VOC emissions meet easy processing in Desmopan® 6-series
Whenever hard-soft thermoplastic combinations are needed with a low-VOC/FOG solution that offers low migration, we recommend the Desmopan® 6-series. The ether-based solutions offer high abrasion resistance, good haptics and a range of hardness grades for easy injection mold processing.
- Low-emission: Desmopan® 6-series TPU grades offer low VOC and low FOG emissions.
- Hard-soft bonding: Ether-based TPU offers high adhesion for hard-soft thermoplastic combinations.
- Good processing: Flow spiral testing shows good injection molding flow behavior.
- Quick: Kinetics display faster hardening cycle times than TPU in same hardness range.
- Highly resistant: Desmopan® 6-series is inherently immune to hydrolysis or microbial attacks.