Renewable raw materials inspire innovative high-performance polycarbonates
Renewable raw materials are a viable alternative to fossil feedstocks
Renewable hydrocarbons without changes to PC infrastructure
"With this collaboration we are emphasizing our intention to make our production more sustainable, and to drive the change to a circular economy forward. Using alternative raw materials more intensively, as we are doing, is an important basis for this.”
More sustainable polycarbonates: a circular economy milestone
A high-performance polycarbonate made from renewable raw materials, delivering greater sustainability but without having to modify existing processes or workflows, is a decisive step in the circular economy. It also answers growing consumer demand for sustainably produced products. For manufacturers struggling to meet high-quality and performance standards for PC when using alternative materials, Covestro offers a new solution that is innovative, pragmatic and sustainable.
“The polymers and chemicals industries will play a major role in the circular economy and fight against climate change. That is why Neste is committed to supporting the industry forerunners like Covestro on their sustainability journey.”
- Less oil consumption Renewable resources reduce the chemical industry’s dependence on fossil feedstocks
- Consistent quality Making conventional chemicals from alternative carbon source drop-ins, while using existing infrastructure, enables us to produce materials with uniformly high quality.
- Consumer-friendly Meets increasing consumer demand and societal expectations of sustainability
- Lighthouse effect Using renewable raw materials in PC applications sets an example for other industries
- Same performance and portfolio feasible Secure your portfolio and performance with the use of our high-performance PC with renewable raw materials
- Claimable benefits Our product can be certified by a third- party to claim relevant benefits for selected applications (e.g. ecolabels), so that trust and transparency are enhanced.