Reimagining automotive forward lighting with polycarbonates
Part consolidation: less is more
Mono-material strategy: good for automakers … and the planet
Technical support where and when it’s needed
Leveraging its global resources, Covestro collaborates with automakers and their suppliers to implement advanced technologies integrating LEDs, electronics, sensors and other technologies. This includes part and mold design for achieving an optimal balance of performance, aesthetics and economics. The field support Covestro offers helps customers optimize manufacturing processes to maximize productivity and quality.
You might say this headlamp prototype is a lighting engineer’s toolbox of unique enabling technologies, allowing OEMs to reduce parts, weight, space and assembly steps–while simultaneously enhancing sustainability. It’s the latest example of how Covestro consistently brings value to our customers.
- Improve production efficiencies Makrolon® polycarbonate and smart headlamp design reduces parts, streamlines assembly
- Lighter by design Lightweight polycarbonates provide high performance while reducing module weight
- Integrated functions Integrates electronics, such as LiDAR, radar and cameras, as well as light sources
- Greater design freedom Broadens possibilities for aesthetics, progressive styling and differentiation
- Eye on sustainability Reducing weight, parts and materials contribute to greater sustainability