A tailor-made TPU material for spiral hose and tube producers
Covestro offers a wide range of TPUs that have been proven in a variety of applications. With our focus on innovation, we understand the need to keep pace with our customers’ evolving needs. Because of this mindset, we recognized the need fill a gap in our Ester-based material portfolio.
Develop and produce a technically competitive 80 Shore Ester material with a similar performance to other TPUs, at a competitive price.
Covestro developed Desmopan® 3378A TPU, an 80 Shore A Ester-based TPU with excellent mechanical properties. This material runs smoothly in all extrusion processes.
For spiral hose applications, it provides a combination of transparency, consistent extrusion output and the option for higher production speeds, resulting in higher output for the customer.
Desmopan® 3378A: A better option for spiral hose applications
- High wear resistance: Durable and long-lasting performance.
- Chemical resistant: Demonstrates resistance to oils and some solvents.
- Stable process behavior: Offers consistent processing.
- High transparency: Optical properties meet transparency requirements.
- High extrusion speed: Customers can achieve higher production line output.