More sustainable shoes with partly bio-based PU printing
Sustainability is the key to our market success at HUAFENG. Our HAPTIC® 3D PU coatings are high-solid and waterborne. An additive manufacturing process leads to greatest material efficiency. And still we wanted more sustainability for our high-performance coatings for athletic footwear uppers. INSQIN® partly bio-based polyurethane products from Covestro enabled us to add more renewable content to our HAPTIC® coatings. 100% recycled CYCLONE® polyester yarn is utilized in the base mesh.
If you’d like to look into more details, please feel free to watch a recorded webinar on our collaboration with HUAFENG and Cyclone here.
Combining our partly bio-based INSQIN® PU coating binder with HUAFENG HAPTIC® printing onto recycled PET mesh fabric demonstrates how partners in the value chain can jointly create more sustainable products. These sport shoes show a lower carbon footprint without loss in durability, touch or feel.
- Partly bio-based: Our INSQIN® portfolio offers products with up to 56% renewable content.
- Lower emissions: A pair of sports shoes with INSQIN® HAPTIC® and CYCLONE® yarns cuts CO₂ emissions by 230 grams.
- Tough: INSQIN® offers durable coating with the quality of conventional PU dispersions.
- Premium finish: Partly bio-based INSQIN® coatings deliver a smooth, upscale touch and feel.
- Partnership: Our work with HUAFENG is an example of the value chain partnerships we seek.