Fast-drying Bayhydur® quix: low VOC technology for high-quality water-based coatings
- Fast-drying: Patented Bayhydur® quix water-borne hardener dries as quickly as aromatic solvent-borne hardeners.
- Fewer VOCs: Bayhydur® quix uses low VOC technology, less than solvent-borne solutions.
- Reduced carbon footprint: Faster drying consumes less energy, generating up to 60% lower CO₂ emissions.
- Safer: Fewer VOCs and shorter processing increase safety for manufacturing staff..
- Easy processing: Bayhydur® quix is a drop-in solution that requires no added investment.
Lower emissions and high productivity: a tough balance for wood furniture coatings
With our Bayhydur® quix 306-70 hardener, water-borne coatings generate up to 60% lower CO₂ emissions than solvent-based solutions. For wood furniture manufacturers, this quick-drying, low VOC drop-in solution requires no extra processing time or added investment. And in the end, the final customer will see no difference in the quality of the surface finish.
Same same but different: Bayhydur® quix delivers same haptics and quality with low VOC
The customer sees no difference, but the environment does: VOC and CO₂ reduction
Watch this webinar recording where our experts talk about our Life cycle Assessment study on wood coatings: