The thermoplastic block copolymer is specially designed for high signal transmission of 5G products.
Reduced signal loss and impact on signal transmission speed in 5G applications
Compared with 4G, 5G has higher network speed, lower latency, higher reliability, lower power, and more active connections. Therefore, for 5G product case materials, it is very important to reduce signal loss during transmission and reduce the impact on signal transmission speed.
Looking for materials with high signal penetration and a wide range of application scenarios
Covestro's product development team is committed to developing a material with low Dk/Df characteristics, and one that is suitable for high-speed signal transmission, which should feature good durability and flexibility in a wider temperature range, and excellent elasticity in the entire hardness range, to enable it to meet the different needs of various 5G products.
“With the continuous development of 5G technology, the demand for 5G applications will increase more and more. The Desmopan® 7000 series is our product that has been developed specifically for 5G applications. It is an ideal solution for 5G product case materials. It can effectively reduce signal loss during transmission, and challenges the transmission limit for 5G applications in various scenarios."
- 5G signal friendly Lower dielectric constant and dielectric loss, providing higher signal penetration
- Durable Abrasion, UV, and chemical resistant
- Soft Maintains good functionality across a wide temperature range
- Firm The material has excellent mechanical strength and elasticity
- Design freedom Ability to bind to substrates such as polycarbonate without adhesive
- Anti-contamination Resistant to fabric dyes, retaining the aesthetic appeal of phone cases