Maximizing 5G connectivity: material and design solutions
5G networks require new levels of RF transparent and heat dissipating materials
Makrolon® polycarbonates enable our 5G future
Beyond life-long reliability, 5G devices must also be small, lightweight and easy to deploy on outdoor structures such as streetlights, bus shelters and utility poles. Versatile Makrolon® polycarbonates offer outstanding property balance, including durability and moldability. And as a replacement for metal, they can help reduce cost and weight in your cutting-edge designs.
Optimizing a wide variety of 5G applications
We can help our customers explore design possibilities for 5G network infrastructure while ensuring excellent signal performance up to the mmWave spectrum. For this, we offer state-of-the-art testing facilities in a wide signal range of up to 50 GHz at our Asia-Pacific innovation center in Shanghai.
- Thermal management Electrically insulating and heat dissipating
- Signal transparency Excellent signal transmission to minimize RF interference, even at mm wavelengths
- Weather and impact resistance Tough to withstand harsh environments of heat, cold and impact
- Versatile Easily molded to suit any application
- Lightweight Can replace metal for reduced weight and cost