Bayfol® HX film enables laser protection eyewear for pilots and law enforcement personnel
After considering many specialty materials and technologies, META® selected Bayfol® HX photopolymer film, and worked with us to customize it in order to meet three challenges. First, the raw material had to cover areas of at least 1m in width and several meters in length. Next, the film and its photopolymer coating had to provide high optic diffraction and transparency, along with color-balanced red-green-blue (RGB) filtering. Finally, it had to retain stability when matched with other materials such as adhesives, coping with varied temperatures and humidity.
Bayfol® HX120 properties were tailored to meet our customers’ high standards for pilots. The technical team from Covestro understood our requirements. Today, META® can deliver high performance holographic components and products from idea stage to manufacturing, and we are working closely with Covestro to provide a range of solutions for ground-based personnel.
Laser glare protection for pilots without loss of color perception and of clarity; flexible, self-adhesive solutions for law enforcement personnel
- Powerful deflection Filters harmful laser light while retaining high optical properties for “see-through” quality.
- Natural colors Broadband sensitization allows multiplexing of multiple notches, so colors appear natural.
- Wide recording area Large-scale rolls allow wide-area scanned recording (patented by META®).
- Easy production Dry coat photopolymer enables high volume production with no wet chemistry.
- Multi-layering Bayfol® HX120 can be recorded with a hologram and then stacked with additional holograms or other functional films.
- Variety in design Film can be integrated into flat or cylindrical lenses, displays and more.