Bayfol® HX holographic films star in INAF telescope application
The Italian National Institute for Astrophysics (INAF) needed a highly efficient, diffractive light-guiding material to improve the performance of its specialized telescopes. Bayfol® HX holographic films won the starring role. These films are versatile, easily processed and offer great optical quality.
Our photopolymer films can be successfully used in demanding applications such as spectrometers in high-performance telescopes for astronomy. They are, of course, particularly suitable for many consumer applications.
Thanks to these light-bearing photopolymer films, we were able to literally shift astronomical boundaries.
Why Bayfol® HX film was the clear choice to enhance performance of INAF telescopes
- Versatile; customizable: Enables production of different gratings for different high-performance telescopes
- Optical quality: The material has very good transparency, which reduces observing times
- Reliability: The material maintains its performance over a long period of time
- Easy processing: Fully dry recording process: No chemical pre-treatment or post-processing is necessary to develop the hologram
- Dependable: High uniformity enables easy reproduction