Baytherm® | Insulating, rigid polyurethane foam by Covestro
Regulate temperatures effectively with Baytherm® rigid PU foams. Baytherm® is a low-density polyurethane hard foam known for outstanding insulation. Ideal for cold chain applications (e.g., refrigerators, freezers, display counters, trailers, and containers) and insulating pipe assemblies (district heating, cooling systems), water heaters, and boilers.
"Baytherm® PU foam offers a high level of customization due to its individually adjustable mechanical and thermomechanical properties. It is exceptionally suited for insulating pipes that need to convey hot or cold media from point A to point B. It provides good adhesion to a wide range of materials that include plastic, metal, and aluminum. Its remarkable processing properties also simplify the filling of complex cavities.
- Outstanding insulation: Closed-cell foam for a wide range of applications in the field of heat and cold protection.
- Excellent mechanical properties Individually adjustable mechanical properties and good dimensional stability.
- Excellent adhesion Bonds to a wide range of materials.
- Good heat resistance: Good resistance to elevated temperatures and good durability.
- Easy and flexible processing: Allows cost efficient application on substrates or easy filling of complex cavities.