Makrofol® black panel films: bridging the gap from analog to digital speedometers
Car instrument clusters on the transition from analog to digital
Makrofol® LM296 light management films: the right solution at the right time
The transition from analog speedometers to fully digital ones requires an interim solution that can integrate both technologies. Makrofol® LM296 films work well in hybrid speedometer displays, providing a black panel effect and precisely controlled lighting that’s visible only when activated.
Easy processibility and design freedom
- Black panel: Thin, glare-free matte surface offers precise display lighting only when needed.
- Design freedom: Makrofol® LM296 is 3D-formable and engineered to enable freedom of design in display applications.
- Minimal distortion: Light transmittance tolerance is just ±3% across the defined wavelength range.
- Processable: Available in various thicknesses, it is suitable for digital or screen printing.
- High yield: Precise surface structure improves image homogeneity and minimizes defects.