Makrolon® and Makrofol® show off smart surfaces that are both interactive and eco-friendly
“TactoTek® makes the world’s most advanced smart surfaces. As the world’s most advanced materials maker, Covestro was a natural fit. Together we’re bringing miracles into people’s lives and lighting the way to the future.”
“It’s inspiring to see our polycarbonate solutions used in applications that truly benefit people in their daily lives. We’re moving toward a world of interactive surfaces. TactoTek® and Covestro teaming up means they can be both ubiquitous and a sustainable part of the circular economy.”
- Lightweight: 50-70% lighter than traditional electronic devices, reducing carbon footprint
- Designer Friendly: Rapid customization through variation of decorative elements printed on top film, or of circuitry and electronic components added onto bottom film
- Sustainable: Monomaterial design makes for near-complete recovery at end of life.
- Efficient: IMSE® designs use 50-70% less plastic compared to traditional designs.
- Longer Lifetime: Panels are easier to replace and upgrade, prolonging device lifetime.