Learn more about our high-performance thermoplastic polyurethane resins and blends with superior properties that meet your specific needs.
We provide you with comprehensive information and resources for businesses in the chemical industry seeking high-performance thermoplastic polyurethane resins and blends. TPU is a versatile material known for its exceptional properties, making it a preferred choice in various applications across multiple industries. Our hub is designed to help you explore the capabilities and benefits of TPU, understand its manufacturing processes, and discover its wide range of applications. Whether you are looking to enhance and optimize your product performance,,explore new applications, or find reliable TPU suppliers, the Thermoplastic Polyurethane Hub is here to support your business in the chemical industry.
Key features of Thermoplastic Polyurethane
- Flexibility and durability: TPU offers excellent flexibility and durability, enabling it to withstand demanding conditions and repetitive stresses without losing its shape or performance.
- High mechanical strength: TPU exhibits impressive mechanical strength, making it suitable for applications that require toughness and resistance to abrasion.
- Chemical and UV resistance: TPU resists the effects of various chemicals, oils, and UV radiation, ensuring long-lasting performance in challenging environments.
- Versatile processing: TPU can be processed using a variety of methods, including injection molding, extrusion, blow molding meltblown and calender coating, depending on different applications and designs.
- Wide range of hardness: TPU materials can be formulated to achieve a broad range of hardness levels, from soft and flexible to rigid and tough, providing flexibility in product design.
Thermoplastic Polyurethane: Industries and applications
Manufacturing Processes of TPU
Why choose high-performance TPU resins
Technical Resources of TPU
What are the advantages of using TPU in the automotive industry?
Can TPU be recycled?
What are the typical processing methods for TPU?
Is TPU suitable for medical applications?
How does TPU compare to other thermoplastics like PVC or TPE?
Why TPU for a mono-material design?
How to reduce the carbon footprint with TPU?
Bio-circular solutions (Desmopan® CQ MBC): Bio-circular is about mixing fossil and renewable, recycled or waste based feedstock in existing manufacturing systems while keeping track of their quantities through detailed verified bookkeeping and allocate them to specific end products.
Recycling solutions (Desmopan® CQ RC): Recycled products are made from secondary raw materials that have already gone through a product cycle and have been processed by specific procedures.
Bio-based solutions (Desmopan® CQ EC): Bio-based raw materials originate from plant, animal or algae biomass. In the case of TPU we use for example starch / industrial corn.
* Bio-based content as determined according to ASTM-D6866
All our solutions that carry the suffix “CQ”, derived from Circular Intelligence Quotient are living proof of our CE vision becoming reality: By using renewable and alternative raw materials such as feedstocks from waste or biomass – either segregated or mass-balanced feedstocks – as well as energy sources and unique chemical recycling technologies, we showcase our Circular Intelligence, offering different possibilities to reduce the carbon footprint.