Blendur® high-performance resins with unlimited potential
Blendur® systems are made up of polyisocyanates and epoxides. And you can choose between low- and medium-viscosity (50 - 2000 mPas) as well as one- and two-component grades. All are compatible and miscible with one another. In addition, pot life can be individually adjusted to between 10 and 360 minutes by using suitable activators.
Blendur® offers a wide variety of options for the manufacture of fiber-reinforced structural parts, semi-finished goods and finished goods. In addition, all standard types of filler can be incorporated in the resin systems. This high degree of flexibility makes it possible to use any of the manufacturing processes normally deployed for thermoset plastics: Casting or Injection molding, Resin Transfer Molding (RTM), Vacuum infusion, Pultrusion, Filament winding, Prepreg technology, Sheet Molding Compound (SMC), and Bulk Molding Compound (BMC). The Blendur® system is used to create composites in high-temperature applications in the space and air travel, rail transport, automotive, and electrical/electronics industries.
- Heat resistant: High glass transition temperature of approx. 280°C.
- Flame retardant: Has inherent flame retardancy, e.g. UL94 V-0.
- Good electrical isolation: Isolation properties with dielectric strength of 20KV/mm.
- Good chemical resistance: Resists acids, bases and organic solvents.
- Good dimensional stability: Has a low thermal expansion co-efficient, ca. 65*10-6 K-1.