Protective apparel: Lowering the risk of injury with high-performance materials
- Heat-resistant thermoplastic for automotive, lighting, and medical technologies
- Engineering thermoplastic and specialized photopolymer films
- Polyurethane film made from aromatic and aliphatic polyester or polyether
- High-performance polycarbonate for applications in diverse industries.
- Polyurethane film made from aromatic and aliphatic polyester or polyether.
- Durable: Provides UV-, abrasion-, scratch-, tear-, and impact-resistance.
- Dependable: Our quality materials have proven themselves over time.
- Adaptable: Show us a challenge and we will show you the materials for a great solution.
- Customizable: A wide range of color, stiffnesses and hardnesses opens up new possibilities.
- Comfortable: Lightweight for physical comfort and effective for peace of mind.
Fire helmets: Meeting increasingly strict safety standards
Polycarbonate’s tough, heat-resistant and good optical properties make it ideal for firefighter helmet visors. And as requirements for these helmets become stricter, manufacturers need materials with better flame-resistant properties. For example, to ensure proper protection for firefighters, specialized helmet manufacturers typically choose Apec® FR1892 polycarbonate, a high-heat, amorphous, high-performance thermoplastic, which meets the thermal requirements defined in the standard EN 443:2008 for firefighters’ helmets. The material also looks good and it well-suited to injection molding.
Bullet-resistant vests: Reliable protection in security situations
Our hot-melt films for textile composites absorb a high amount of impact energy, which makes them ideal for bullet-resistant vests. The materials also meet high safety standards and protect the wearer from life-threatening injuries. Our Platilon® thermoplastics are particularly well-suited to bullet-proof vests due to their mechanical strength, skin comfort, heat-resistance and flexibilty in cold conditions. Speak to us about customizing a solution to your specific requirements.
All eyes on safety: Pilots’ glasses and helmet visors with laser glare protection
Blinding of pilots by laser beams especially during take-off or landing are a well-known problem. Security and police forces on the ground now face similar dangers and impairments. In addition, the power of laser pointers is increasing, and incidents involving glare attacks are becoming more frequent. Bayfol® HX provides appropriate eye protection for security personnel and pilots without compromising color perception and clarity. The photopolymer film provides a flexible self-adhesive solution for helmet visors and shields used by security and law enforcement personnel.