What is polycarbonate?
High-performance and versatile polycarbonate products
Polycarbonate resins bring an attractive combination of properties
As the largest supplier of polycarbonate worldwide, with a global asset footprint, Covestro focuses on providing our customers material solutions across diverse industries, including Mobility, Electrical/Electronics and Healthcare.
Blends and alloys enable high-performance attributes
- High impact resistance Polycarbonate resin is tough and typically exhibits ductile instead of brittle failure.
- Transparency Outstanding optical properties including transparency to frequencies required for LIDAR, IR, cameras and LEDs.
- Heat resistant and flame retardant Dedicated PC resin grades comply with industry specifications and standards, and support a wide range of temperatures.
- Dimensional stability Our polycarbonate holds its shape up to variations in humidity and temperature.
- Thermally conductive (TC) Specially formulated grades available to provide outstanding heat dissipation.