DirectCoating: truly seamless surfaces for car interiors
With DirectCoating polyurethane raw materials and products from Covestro, we can facilitate seamless car interior design. Our Puriflow Coating Systems deliver exciting surface trim characteristics including high scratch resistance and a self-healing look, along with haptics ranging from soft leather up to hard metal.
Explore our digital DirectCoating exhibit for yourself!
Play with the clickable version here.
Our precision laser-engraved molds enabled a wide range of seamless, smart interior trim parts to be produced in a two-step process with no overspray. The resulting parts require no rework and little finishing.
Truly seamless interior trim parts require many different colors and degrees of transparency. Using Merck pigments and DirectCoating technology from Covestro, Votteler was able to create a wide portfolio of smart interior trim surfaces, containing everything from smart displays to ambient lighting.
- Cost-effective: Reaction injection molding enables quicker production without a drying step.
- Design freedom: PURIFLOW® Polyurethane coatings from Votteler enable many textures, finishes and transparencies.
- Precise: Precision RIM parts mean no overspray and less rework and finishing.
- High quality: Process enables glass-like surface coatings with premium characteristics.
- Future-proof: Makrolon® Ai and Bayblend® grades meet future needs in optical properties today.