Product Safety Code
Value Chain Communication, Cooperation and Outreach
Processes to work with suppliers, customers and other value chain participants to foster product safety management and information exchange along the value chain, commensurate with risk.
- Covestro has been a leader in product stewardship for over 30 years, providing these services:
- Customer support.
- Industrial hygiene monitoring and support.
- Customer presentations.
- Presentations at trade associations or downstream customers on behalf of our direct customer.
- Covestro has a supplier code of conduct that is required for each supplier:
Covestro Supplier Code of Conduct English.pdf
Supplier Code of Conduct
- Covestro implemented a new process for suppliers to ensure their commitment to product safety and stewardship practices is aligned with the industry standard.
- Communications to customers can include information on new or changes to regulations, first time sampling use questionnaires, safe use and handling information, site visits and presentations, product safety summaries, and many more.
- Product Safety Summaries can be found here:
http://productsafetyfirst.cm.covestro.com/en/resources/resources?&rLanguage=en&rType=Product Safety Summaries.
- Safety Data Sheets (SDSs) for our products can be found at
- Covestro produces information on the safe use and handling of our products. All guidance and information documents can be found here:
- Covestro has logistics commitment to product safety and our transportation/logistics group visits new customers during first shipment to ensure knowledge prior to product use. We also provide videos and brochures on www.productsafetyfirst.covestro.com for additional information, 24/7. We also are a member of the Chemtrec program which can always provide transportation questions or spill response immediately.
- If further questions or information is needed, please reach out to us directly at: