We help customers minimize risk
Today, a public commitment to preventing pollution, improving process safety, fostering employee health and building positive relationships with plant neighbors and communities is simply not enough. A truly responsible company must lead by example.
Creating and maintaining a safe and healthy work environment at each Covestro facility is the right thing to do for our employees, for the residents of the communities in which our plants are located and for the environment.
Covestro's product stewardship activities are designed to minimize the risk of handling our products by making health, safety and environmental protection an integral part of their use and disposal. Covestro professionals work closely with customers, trade associations and the public to elevate health, safety and environmental considerations to a top priority.
These efforts include:
- Developing corporate and product-specific product stewardship resources and procedures
- Providing videos, literature and other educational resources that emphasize hazard awareness and outline recommended procedures for the safe handling and use of Covestro products
- Conducting on-site visits to monitor industrial hygiene, distribution safety and environmental protection practices
- Performing unloading site inspections
- Reviewing emergency response plans
- Participating in trade associations and industry committees to advance environmental, health and safety issues