Decovery® SP-6400 XP
Decovery® SP-6400 XP is a low-NaOH, alkali-soluble, acrylic copolymer dispersion, with high clarity and flexibility. It has been created for adhesive applications such as removable paper labels for bottles. It is also suitable for use as a domestic adhesive.
It has a lower carbon footprint than oil-based alternatives and is very flexible – it can be used to adhere to a wide range of substrates.
35% bio-based resin for label adhesives that achieves a 20°C reduction in wash-off temperature, uses less NaOH and less energy.
Decovery® SP-6400 XP environmental impact
- Verified by Beta Analytic Inc. (biobased and biogenic carbon testing laboratory), according to ASTM D6866-16 Method B (AMS)
- Data based on internal calculations. Results may vary slightly compared to the final, 3rd party reviewed, life cycle assessment (LCA) report. LFC t is currently being conducted according to ISO-14040-14044, IPCC 2013 GWP 100a standard and the WBCSD chemical sector guidance; data expressed in kg CO2/ kg resin; absolute CFP SP-6400: 1.06 kg CO2 / kg resin
- Calculation based on data from United States Environmental Protection Agency
How Decovery® packaging resins help our world
Covestro's Decovery® portfolio is well suited for the creation of high quality coating resins that meet the environmental demands of the packaging markets: they contain zero-to-low volatile organic compounds (VOCs), yet can match, or exceed, the performance of starch-based alternatives.
All our Decovery® resins are partially made from plant-based resources, such as bark and beans, which are sustainably sourced and do not compete with the food chain.
- Good wet tack
- Accommodates recycling processes
- Highly flexible, clear, and non-tacky (dry film)
- Easy to formulate
- Adhesion to a variety of substrates
- Alkaline soluble, high reversibility
- Low odor
- Glass labeling
- Polyester (PET) labeling