Desmodur® clear: a translucent material breakthrough in rigid PU foams
Exciting future for aliphatic PU foams: rigid translucent foams with Desmodur® clear
Our revolutionary Desmodur® clear hardener for translucent polyurethane foams will allow more design freedom for industrial designers to bring natural lighting effects into buildings without sacrificing the excellent thermal insulation performance of PU foam-based sandwich panels.
Designed for the future: rigid PU foam for translucent panels and light bands with Desmodur® clear
Adding diffuse light transmission on top of the thermal insulation property, Desmodur® clear-based translucent PU foams are an innovation that will benefit the construction industry and other sectors. And as with other PU foams, they are versatile in terms of properties and haptics for either soft or rigid designs.
- Translucent: Translucent PU foams enhance design freedom using natural and artificial light.
- High-performance: Desmodur® clear foams meet mechanical and fire regulations for new buildings.
- Insulating: Translucency is coupled with high thermal insulation and mechanical stability.
- Easy to install: Translucent PU panels & roof lights can be combined with conventional ones.
- Colorfast: Aliphatic PU foams offer color stability and UV resistance.
- Versatile: Desmodur® clear translucent foam materials suit a wide range of applications.