Scaling new heights: Maezio® UD tapes in tree climbing shank
Maezio® UD tapes enable composite parts with maximum performance at minimum weight. Our proprietary Cato variotherm compression molding VCM) technology enables high-volume manufacturing of parts with a net-shaped quasi-isotropic tape lay-up. This means minimum material waste and built-in quality.
With this lightweight performance application, we have proven that Maezio® UD Tapes enable parts properties to be tuned for the highest mechanical performance and thereby maximize weight saving. We look forward to applying this knowledge in new applications from other industries.
- Lightweight: Maezio® UD tapes enable a strong composite part 50% lighter than aluminum.
- High-performance: Unidirectional CFRTP tapes yield parts that meet ASTM loadbearing standards.
- High-volume: Maezio® UD thermoplastic composite tapes suit volume production processes.
- Low waste: Variotherm compression molding (VCM) enables precise die-cut stacking.
- More recyclable: A thermoplastic matrix allows easier recycling than thermoset-based composites.